|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will enable students to develop copywriting skills, including skills in persuasive writing, and the different generic requirements involved in writing for a range of media contexts and platforms. Case studies will be drawn from print, broadcast and online media and exercises will cover different practices including drafting client briefs, producing advertising copy, and developing strategic communications such as public relations releases.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- understand the specific requirements for writing for a range of media platforms and communication contexts
- develop skills in analysing and evaluating successful marketing-communication writing practices
- deploy practical writing skills to address the simulation of real world situations and demands
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- demonstrate high level writing and communication skills;
- develop understanding and capacities of strategically applying skills in problem-solving situations; and
- better understand and appreciate the intimate relationship between analytical and practical skills.
Last updated: 29 April 2020