|Look up fees
Through lectures with local visiting filmmakers and participation in selected craft workshops with directing students, this subject introduces students to broader screen and television industry practices.
Students also develop formal and informal skills in giving and receiving critical feedback on creative work.
This subject includes an embedded program in academic literacy skill of analysis, discussion, essay writing, research and information retrieval.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subjects students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broader understanding of the filmmaking landscape;
- Critically and constructively review their own and peers' creative work;
- Use their knowledge of screen practices to feed into their own creative writing.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
- Plan and organise their work and solve problems;
- Apply theoretical knowledge to practical tasks;
- Develop positive self critical and peer review skills;
- Present opinions and analyse in a group context;
- Demonstrate effective time management skills.
Last updated: 3 November 2022