|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with training in applied social science research methods. Students will learn how to connect a research question with appropriate research design and methodology and acquire practical skills in utilising different research methods and tools, including analysing data and presenting results. The subject will enable students to develop a critical understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods and the practical skills to carry out social science research.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should:
- be able to relate different research questions to appropriate research methods;
- have a critical understanding of how different research methods are executed (including mixed-methods research);
- acquire practical experience in applying and evaluating quantitative research methods;
- have the ability to work in groups and negotiate any problems that may arise in doing so;
- gain skills that will be useful upon entering the workforce.
Last updated: 3 November 2022