Master of Translation (MC-TRANS) // Course structure
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Currently enrolled students:
- Contact Stop 1
- General information: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au
- Further information: http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'Make an enquiry' at http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/45-master-of-translation
150 Point Program
Duration: 1.5 years full time
- nine compulsory subjects (125 points)
- elective subjects (25 points)
All students are required to complete the Capstone Requirement for the program (25 points).
Capstone Stream 1: TRAN90010 Translation Internship
Purpose: Translation Internship is a 25-point subject where participants are placed in a professional translation environment. They will work on individual and team-based translation projects that require them to integrate their linguistic, technical and collaborative skills, and to experience the variety of roles in professional translation such as commissioner, editor and reviser.
For policies that govern this degree, see Academic Services Policy in the University Melbourne Policy Framework.
Last updated: 6 June 2023