About this course
ContactMelbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149 Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST/AEDT. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm AEST/AEDT. Further Information: https://online.unimelb.edu.au/lp/critical-care-nursing
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- Completed a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent and;
- Documented evidence of clinical practice within the preceding five years from the time of application
- Current unrestricted registration as a Division 1 Registered Nurse with AHPRA or equivalent registration with an international health practitioner regulation agency
- Clinical support from a partnering health service and be employed a minimum of three (3) days or 24 hours per week
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Area of speciality practice and clinical experience
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students with reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF1326). Students are expected to meet the core participation requirements for their course. These can be viewed under Entry and Participation Requirements for the course outlines in the Handbook. Further details on how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 3 June 2020