|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
Term 2 - Online
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Internal and external quality audits and reviews are now ubiquitous in tertiary education. This subject equips students with knowledge and skills to understand, plan and manage quality audits and reviews in tertiary education for credible processes and productive outcomes. Current challenges and models for quality assurance and audit will be discussed but the main focus is on the practical aspects of managing audit and review activities to add value by improving organizational and academic effectiveness. Internal, related party and external audit models are explored, as the subject is designed to be relevant to both institutional managers and practitioners working in quality and related agencies.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of the growing convergence of 'traditional' models of quality audit and review in tertiary education and business models for organizational effectiveness;
- Plan and design a quality audit or review activity for first-party (internal), second-party (related-party) and third-party (external) relationships in tertiary education;
- Manage a credible independent quality audit process of a tertiary program or institution, including managing political and environmental elements; and
- Apply their understanding to identify improvements to current systems and the implications of new developments for tertiary education quality audit and review.
On successful completion of this subject participants will be able to:
- Distinguish and address the different types of relationships involved in various forms of quality audit and review;
- Practice advanced analytical and critical thinking skills; understand and apply the skills of oral and written communication required of audit and review processes;
- Identify and practice teamwork skills;
- Apply skills in acquiring and analysing data for quality audit and review.