|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject concentrates heavily on advertising, but also addresses the issues of internet advertising, public relations, and sales promotions. The emphases will be on understanding the theoretical foundation underlying persuasive communications, promotional strategy selection, integration of communications with other marketing activities, strategy implementation, and budgeting. The subject incorporates both lecture and cases as instructional vehicles.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Describe and analyse the basic theories and models within integrated marketing communications, especially advertising, internet advertising, PR and sales promotions
- Analyse and critically evaluate advertising communications campaigns and explain why some campaigns are more effective than others
- Apply major theories and models to advertising problems discussed in the seminars and within students assignments
- Identify and learn the techniques used by successful managers of advertising campaigns
- Integrate conceptual frameworks with selected management practices.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Interpretative and analytical skills, through the application of the conceptual and theoretical frameworks presented in the seminars to the class discussion questions and assignment questions;
- The ability to critically evaluate an argument and present a point of view based on the lecture material;
- Team work skills, through the group work conducted in the class presentation;
- Oral and communication skills, through seminar discussions and presentations;
- Written skills, developed through the assignments.
Last updated: 16 March 2020