About this course
Melbourne Business School
Currently enrolled students:
Degree Program Services
200 Leicester Street
Carlton Victoria 3053 Australia
Tel: 61 3 9349 8200
Academic Director: Dr. Simon Holcombe
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- completed an undergraduate degree of 3 or 4 years minimum in one of the relevant areas listed below, taken at a third year university level from a recognised institution, with a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 70% or equivalent.
o Mathematics and/or Physics
o Computer Science or Information Systems
o Engineering and/or Science
- Interviews will be required for applicants who are shortlisted.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- an interview for short-listed applicants
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board Rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7.0 is required. International students must demonstrate proficiency in English either through IELTS score (minimum score requirement of 7.0 overall with no individual score less than 7) or TOEFL IBT score (minimum of 94, and a written score minimum of 27 and no band less than 24).
GMAT scores may be required if a University of Melbourne credit average equivalence is difficult to obtain.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 15 July 2021