Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject focuses on the development, management and control of marketing communications, both locally and internationally. Topics will include advertising, sales promotion, public relations, and other elements of the marketing communications mix. Particular emphasis will be placed on the importance of integrating promotional efforts, and on the marketing manager’s role in planning, implementing and evaluating marketing communications. Students will develop an understanding of the operational and creative elements involved in developing promotional campaigns and the strategies used to communicate with target audiences as well as the underlying principles behind these approaches. They will engage with alternative persuasion techniques and potential problems with their adoption, and the proper selection, interpretation, and use of alternative measures of promotional effectiveness. On completion of the subject, students should have developed a strong practical and critical grasp of the different forms and strategies employed in marketing communications.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should have:
- gained a critical understanding of the professional skills needed in planning, implementing and evaluating marketing communications campaigns;
- developed the ability to analyse and critically evaluate marketing communications campaigns and explain why some campaigns are more effective than others; and
- the capacity to apply basic theories and models within integrated marketing communications in order to develop a professional quality advertising plan or communications strategy.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- be able to enhance oral and written communications skills via class participation and discussion;
- be able to develop their problem solving and critical thinking skills via the tutorial program; and
- be able to develop their research skills through the sourcing of research material to supports arguments in their written assignments.
Last updated: 13 August 2021