About this course
The Bachelor of Music requires the successful completion of 300 credit points.
- 12.5 credit points of Level 1 Compulsory subjects
- Completion of one prescribed major (consisting of 225 credit points of subjects)
- 50 credit points of Breadth subjects including
- A minimum of 12.5 credit points of Level 2 or Level 3 breadth subjects
- 12.5 credit points of free points (either music elective or breadth)
- Students must have completed the compulsory subject Musical Perspectives before commencing Level 2 core subjects.
- Students must have completed all Level 1 core subjects before taking Level 3 core subjects.
- Note: Compulsory subjects in this program have prerequisites. Refer to individual subject entries.
Compulsory Level 1 subject
|Code||Name||Study period||Credit Points|
Semester 1 (On Campus - Southbank)
Note: Students must have completed the compulsory subject Musical Perspectives before taking Level 2 core subjects.
Please refer to the following page for a full list of available music elective subjects:
Music Ensemble Electives
Please refer to the following page for information on ensembles available and the rules relating to them:
50 points of breadth, including at least 12.5 points at Level 2 or 3
Find breadth subjects
Use the Handbook Search function to find subjects that can be used as breadth studies in the Bachelor of Music
Last updated: 1 December 2023