About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
– a four year undergraduate degree in engineering or a cognate discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) average, or equivalent, or
– an undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) average, or equivalent, and at least two years documented relevant work and/or professional experience since graduation.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and where relevant
- the professional experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
For more information on meeting the University's English language requirements, see: http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/info/international/english_and_foundation_programs
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Student Support and Engagement Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Learning Outcomes, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student’s participation in the University’s programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and the Disability Liaison Unit:
Last updated: 9 December 2021