|Fees||Look up fees|
Dancing the Dance 2: Create and Perform introduces students who have successfully undertaken Dancing the Dance 1 or have prior demonstrated dance experience to intermediate level, into the practicalities of professional dance performance and production. The subject explores areas such as dance techniques, movement design, choreography, rehearsal and presentation techniques including the realisation of dance performance ideas with lighting and sound design. The subject will conclude with a performance presentation of the work developed throughout the intensive.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- an enhanced understanding of the physical language of a range of dance techniques and the principles of choreography;
- increased capacity to understand and apply dance techniques to express movement-based ideas;
- further ability to critically analyse the application of dance making and presentation techniques to the expression of ideas;
- an overview of the use of lighting and sound design in the realisation of dance presentations;
- enhanced capacity to work cooperatively in groups and gain an understanding of collaborative dance documentation.
On completion of the subject, students should have enhanced their ability in respect of:
- preparing choreographic studies based on dance techniques and compositional strategies;
- critically analysing the use of dance-making processes in class studies;
- applying knowledge of basic dance techniques and styles fundamentals;
- developing conceptual frameworks to achieve a practical outcome;
- understanding the use of lighting and sound design to enhance dance performance presentations;
- communicating in both written and visual forms;
- working collaboratively with others.
Last updated: 25 January 2020