Master of Education (MC-ED) // Further study
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Currently enrolled students:
- General information: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au
- Contact Stop 1
Graduate Research Degrees
The University of Melbourne's Graduate School of Education is widely recognised as a leader in Australian and international education research.
Graduates interested in further study in one of MGSE’s suite of graduate research degrees may have several options, depending on their prior qualifications, academic achievement, research experience and professional experience.
Graduates who have completed the Capstone option in this course (MC-ED) may be eligible to apply to either:
Graduates who have completed:
- the 50 credit-point Research option in this course (MC-ED), or
- the Graduate Certificate in Educational Research, or
- the Master of Education (Research), or
- an undergraduate Honours degree,
may be eligible to apply to one of the following MGSE research degrees:
- Doctor of Philosophy - Education (PhD)
- Doctor of Education (note there are professional experience requirements associated with this degree)
- Master of Philosophy - Education
Entry to these courses is a competitive process and each course has additional entry requirements such as minimum academic entry scores which must be met. Please check the Handbook course entry for details of entry requirements.
For more information about graduate research study in Education see the MGSE Research Degrees page.
Last updated: 22 March 2023