About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Breadth requirements
- Subject options
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
The Bachelor of Arts requires the successful completion of 300 points (24 x 12.5 credit point subjects) comprising:
225 points of Arts discipline subjects including;
- At least six arts discipline subjects (75 points) at level 1, including one Arts Foundation Subjects
- At least six arts discipline subjects (75 points) at level 2
- At least six arts discipline subjects (75 points) at level 3
50 points of breadth subjects including;
- At least one breadth subject (12.50 points ) and no more than three (37.50 points) at level one
- At least 12.5 points at level two or three
25 points of Arts discipline or breadth at subjects at level 1, 2 or 3
Please Note: No more than a total of ten subjects (125 points) may be taken at level 1.
- Students must complete one major
- Students may complete a maximum of two majors
- Student may take no more than ten subjects (125 points) in any one discipline
Students must complete a minimum of four subjects (50 points) of study at one year-level before proceeding to the next year-level.
For policies that govern this degree, see the Courses, Subjects, Awards and Programs Policy in the University Melbourne Policy Library. Students also should also refer to information in the Enrolment and Timetabling Policy.